What are the best resources to download free CAD models?
I’d like to find some sites where I could download some CAD models so I can output things like this decorative ironwork.
I’m interested in dxf files which 100% suited/tested for plasma cutting.
Does anyone have any recommendations please?
Thanks a million!
Here’s a few good online resources I’ve used before to get models which you might find useful. They all have different strengths but I am sure you can find something useful on these site:
- GrabCad www.grabcad.com — Specialized in 3D Models and Parts
- Thingiverse http://www.thingiverse.com — Out of the Maker Movement womb Thingiverse comes with the idea of making from 2D to 3D
- TraceParts http://www.traceparts.com / http://www.tracepartsonline.net –Specializes in free mechanical engineering drawings
- CadBlocks http://www.cadblocksfree.com
- 3DContentCenteral https://www.3dcontentcentral.com
- Arcat www.arcat.com — Free Architectural CAD drawings
- PartCommunity https://b2b.partcommunity.com/community/
- RS Components http://uk.rs-online.com/web/generalDisplay.html?id=3D-CAD — 3D CAD Models to download for free
Hope you find something useful there!