Solved: How to open DXF files without AutoCAD?
I have used something called JETcam viewer before, it’s free, small, efficient, does the job with no hassle:
You can download it from here : https://www.jetcam.com/free-cad-viewer.htm
- Totally free
- No registration required to download or use
- No adverts, spyware or malware
- Small memory footprint
- Simple tree view for all local and mapped network drives
- Thumbnail images of all recognised 2D CAD files
- Does not require CAD packages to be installed to display thumbnail images
- Measurement rules showing scale of part
- Pan and zoom with the mouse
- Navigate between file structure and thumbnails with keyboard
- DWG (including AutoCAD 2013 and previous versions)
- JETCAM JGF component files
eDrawings viewer is also another free option which looks like it’s something more elegant: http://www.edrawingsviewer.com/ed/download.htm
The eDrawings Viewer is intended primarily for people who do not use CAD software and thus do not need to publish eDrawings files themselves.
Download eDrawings Viewer software to view, print, and review all types of eDrawings files. In addition, eDrawings Viewer allows convenient viewing of supported AutoCAD® DWG and DXF files and native SolidWorks® parts, assemblies, and drawings.
eDrawings® mobile app makes it easy for anyone to interpret and understand 2D and 3D design data. Open, zoom, rotate, animate, browse, store, monitor, and manage your product designs wherever you go. It’s simple to download and supports all your CAD files. Enjoy the seamless viewing and sharing capabilities of eDrawings software on the go.